Add gmail account to Outlook 2016
Adding a Gmail account to the Outlook desktop application is a straightforward process that only takes a few minutes. This article assumes you already have a gmail.com account setup. If you need to create a gmail.com account visit gmail.com and select Create an account.
- With the Outlook desktop application open go to File > Add Account
- Enter your email address and click Connect
- Outlook will open a Gmail login window that asks for your gmail.com password. Enter the password for your Gmail account and select Sign in.
- If you have 2-factor authentication enabled for Gmail, you will be prompted to enter the code sent to your mobile device. If 2-factor authentication is not enabled skip to the next step.
- The Google account permissions window will appear. Click Allow.
- Once Outlook finishes adding your Gmail account you have the option to add additional accounts (other mail services are added in a similar fashion) or select Done.