Display or Portion of the Display Flashes Black When Using Office Desktop Applications
Problem: When using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc… the screen or a portion of the screen flashes back.
Cause: The Microsoft 365 desktop application is attempting to manage the Hardware Graphics Acceleration instead of allowing Windows to manage Hardware Graphics Acceleration.
Solution: Disable Hardware Graphics Acceleration within the M365 Application
- Open the application you are having issues with (Word, Excel, etc…)
- In the upper left corner, click on File.
- On the left menu, select Options at the bottom of the menu.
- In the pop-up windows, select Advanced in the left menu (Step 1 in the graphic below)
- Scroll down to the Display section (Step 2 in the graphic below)
- Check Disable hardware graphics acceleration (Step 3 in the graphic below)
- Select OK in the popup window, close the application, and reopen.
If you still encounter the issue after applying the steps above, please open a support ticket.